Rail Station Information
A station building (with waiting room) is located at:
297 Junction Road
Montpelier, VT 05602
Montpelier is the smallest state capital in the country but what it lacks in population, it makes up for in vibrant shops, restaurants, and year-round entertainment. The walkable downtown makes it easy to enjoy everything this historic state capital has to offer.
Read more about Montpelier.
The following attractions are located within Montpelier city center:
- Vermont State House
- Vermont History Museum
- Capital City Farmers Market
- Hubbard Park
- Vermont College of Fine Arts
- Lost Nation Theater
- Caledonia Spirits Tasting Room
- Rabble Rouser Chocolate & Craft Co.
The following lodging is located within Montpelier city center:
- The train station is 1.9 miles from Montpelier city center.
- To get to downtown Montpelier, we suggest pre-booking a taxi with GreenCabVT or Capital Car Service so that it is waiting for you upon arrival.
- Green Mountain Transit Agency provides public bus service in the Montpelier area as well as a bus to Burlington.