Rail Station Information
A station building (with waiting room) is located at:
Montpelier is the smallest state capital in the country but what it lacks in population, it makes up for in vibrant shops, restaurants, and year-round entertainment. The walkable downtown makes it easy to enjoy everything this historic state capital has to offer.
Read more about Montpelier.
- Vermont State House
- Vermont History Museum
- Capital City Farmers Market
- Hubbard Park
- New England Culinary Institute
- Vermont College of Fine Arts
- Lost Nation Theater
- Caledonia Spirits Tasting Room
- Rabble Rouser Chocolate & Craft Co.
The following lodging is located within Montpelier city center:
- The train station is 1.9 miles from Montpelier city center.
- To get to downtown Montpelier, we suggest pre-booking a taxi with GreenCabVT or Capital Car Service so that it is waiting for you upon arrival.
- Green Mountain Transit Agency provides public bus service in the Montpelier area as well as a bus to Burlington.