Be Smart, Stay Safe Guidance
The Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing is working closely with Governor Phil Scott to monitor and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Governor’s Be Smart, Stay Safe Executive Order remains in effect through December 15, 2020 as the state continues social distancing efforts to slow the spread and keep vital healthcare systems intact. All out of state travelers are strongly encouraged to register with Sara Alert upon arrival to Vermont to get two weeks of daily reminders to check for common symptoms of COVID-19.
DO I NEED TO QUARANTINE BEFORE VISITING?
1) Yes. All cross state travel requires quarantine. If you are traveling to Vermont, you need to quarantine first.
2) All travelers must quarantine for 14 days – or you have the option to end your quarantine after 7 days if you have not had COVID-19 symptoms, take a PCR test and receive a negative test result.
3) If you are coming to Vermont by car you can either:
- quarantine in your home and then drive directly to Vermont
- quarantine in Vermont after you arrive
4) If you are coming to Vermont by plane or bus, you must complete your quarantine after you arrive in Vermont.
Please see additional information and resources around traveling to Vermont safely below.
LODGING IN VERMONT
When you stay a commercial lodging property, you’ll be required to complete a certificate of compliance to confirm that you followed the safe travel guidelines.
PLAN YOUR VISIT
Vermont lodging operators, restaurants, and attractions are finding creative ways to provide a unique experience, while following the safety protocols. Call ahead for details before you visit.