Explore Vermont’s History and Heritage
Vermont’s museums and art galleries are strongholds of state history, science and culture. Their virtual offerings will help pass the time until we can welcome you again.
- Shelburne Museum is offering virtual live tours, historic and heritage blogging, online learning resources for kids and music from live concerts past. Their new exhibit, "Color, Pattern, Whimsy, and Scale," offers the chance to follow along with curators as they detail the objects and preparations behind each entry, which include French impressionist paintings, painted furniture, and an orange and black carousel tiger.
- Fairbanks Museum has a virtual classroom with a full online class schedule, including learning resources on science and nature for kids and adults.
- Montshire Museum of Science is offering science videos and activities for kids and parents navigating remote learning.
- Vermont Historical Society Museum Music Far and Wide is a virtual exhibit showcasing the importance of music to Vermont’s communities.
- Explore Vermont's beautiful state-owned historic sites from home on YouTube, featuring festivities, music and short history lessons.
- Explore science activities and learning resources and videos from Vermont's Echo Leahy Center.
- Meet Basil the Snapping Turtle at the Southern Vermont Natural History Museum.
- The Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History, has a virtual tour of their collection
- Vermont Curators Group put together a collection of virtual exhibits and galleries around the state to explore.
- The Vermont Comedy Club offers everything from shows to virtual stand-up comedy classes.
- Helen Day Art Center offers online art classes for kids, teens and adults, a virtual studio visit from a featured artist and hands-on activities to do at home.
- The Bennington Museum’s “Tours at Ten” series offers viewers the chance to see the various galleries and interesting objects housed in the Bennington Museum’s collection.
- Burlington City Arts is offering virtual gallery tours, artist studio tours, and art activities for all ages on their new Home Studio site.
- Explore Vermont artists' work on virtual display at Greensboro's Highland Center for the Arts - and chat about it in real-time with others as you take in the sights.